*Family Fun Sessions Volunteers*:
Aberdeen Maritime Museum is holding activity days during the October half-term. We are looking for volunteers to support delivery of the Family Fun Sessions on Tuesday 23rd October 2018 and/or Wednesday 24th October 2018. Activities will be held at Aberdeen Maritime Museum. They are aimed families with children aged 3-12 years. Adults will stay with their children, and together they will get creative. Ideally we would like volunteers to volunteer for the full day on a given date: 9.45am-4pm. However, if you can only manage a half day, that is great too! Morning half day: 9.45am-1pm / Afternoon half day: 1.15pm-4pm. Please volunteer for as many days as you would like to/are available for.
Typical tasks include:
- *Welcoming visitors as they arrive, providing information.
- *Explaining the activity / showing examples / encouraging.
- *Supporting families to create craft works or participle in games.
- *Keep working areas and materials tidy and organized.
- *Monitoring visitor numbers and enforcing a ticket holders only policy for ticketed events.
- *Encouraging visitors to leave feedback.
- *Setting up and tiding up activities.
Volunteering for the family fun programme is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a busy programme of cultural activity in Aberdeen. It provides a fun and sociable way to build your CV and gain experience in public engagement, working with children and creative workshop and event delivery. Volunteers will develop key skills including; team working, customer service and communication.
If you are interested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12 October 2018.