“Wherever you turn, you can find someone who needs you. Even if it is a little thing, do something for which there is no pay but the privilege of doing it. Remember, you don’t live in the world all of your own.” – Albert Schweitzer
Volunteer Aberdeen is run by ACVO TSI to help the citizens of Aberdeen take action in their communities and empower them to make a difference to the wider world. We do this by:
- making sure people have increased opportunity and enthusiasm to volunteer
- ensuring that volunteer involving organisations are better able to recruit, manage and retain volunteers
- sustaining volunteering by ensuring that it is a positive learning experience
- valuing the efforts and expertise of people who work and support volunteers
- supporting and complimenting the work of volunteer support workers, engagers and other people who involve volunteers
Volunteer Aberdeen also helps volunteer involving organisations to thrive and grow. We offer advice and information on a range of topics in relation to volunteering such as Development Policies, Volunteer Agreements, Equal Opportunities etc. We can also offer training to help foster positive volunteer/staff relations and to assist with the support and supervision of volunteers.
Volunteer Aberdeen believes that no one should go it alone so we set up the Aberdeen Volunteer Coordinators Forum. This Forum promotes best practice in the management of volunteers through a strong network of practitioners. We also provide regular news-sheets sent to all organisations in our database.