Think volunteering is too geeky or that you’re too busy to fit it in, or even think that organisations aren’t looking for you – THINK AGAIN!
There are over 600 opportunities in Aberdeen in almost everything from sport, children, older people, community centres, arts and crafts, clubs and societies or prefect duties and so much more…
Without volunteers a lot of these great things wouldn’t be happening across the city but it’s also a two way thing:
When you volunteer, as well as providing valuable time to an organisation, you’ll soon find that YOU have lots to gain too.
These are just some of the ways you can benefit…..
- You could build your confidence & self-esteem
- Gain friends & have fun
- Try something different & gain valuable experience
- Feel part of your local community
- Get a chance to express yourself and your ideas
- Help you enter college or university
- Take advantage of training opportunities
- Help you change direction & learn new skills
- It’s a great addition to your CV
Are you aged between12-25 years?
The great news is that you can now get recognition for any volunteering you are involved in/undertake.
Through registering and logging your volunteering hours with the Saltire Awards you will receive certificates endorsed by the Scottish Government for volunteering and as an added bonus can also claim Reward Points on their Young Scot Card (this is part of the Accord Card in Aberdeen City).
Young VolunteersSaltire Awards are available for undertaking:
- Challenge: This is a one-off team event that will give an idea of what volunteering might be like. Saltire Challenges are set up by voluntary organisations, schools and youth groups and can include taking part in activities such as beach clean ups, gardening projects, regeneration projects, school charity days.
- Approach: To get the feel of what it’s like to volunteer regularly. Certificates for 10 and 25 hours of volunteering.
- Ascent: This is all about long term volunteering. Certificates are awarded for 50, 100, 200 and 500 hours of volunteering.
- Saltire Summit: is for an outstanding contribution to volunteering. It is awarded to recognise those who have not only completed the “Ascent” but have exceeded expectations. Volunteers must be nominated for the Award by the organisation they volunteer with. The nominations are peer assessed by a panel of Saltire Ambassadors who decide who merits the Award.
The awards are proving very popular and are a fantastic way to gain recognition for your volunteering, a great addition to your cv, learning and personal development.
SIGN UP NOW at: https://my.saltireawards.org.uk/signup