Think volunteering is too geeky or that you're too busy to fit it in, or even think that organisations aren't looking for you – THINK AGAIN!
There are over 600 opportunities in Aberdeen in almost everything from sport, children, older people, community centres, arts and crafts, clubs and societies or prefect duties and so much more…
Without volunteers a lot of these great things wouldn't be happening across the city but it's also a two way thing:
When you volunteer, as well as providing valuable time to an organisation, you'll soon find that YOU have lots to gain too.
These are just some of the ways you can benefit…..
- You could build your confidence & self-esteem
- Gain friends & have fun
- Try something different & gain valuable experience
- Feel part of your local community
- Get a chance to express yourself and your ideas
- Help you enter college or university
- Take advantage of training opportunities
- Help you change direction & learn new skills
- It's a great addition to your CV