Blackwood Homes and Care was founded in 1972 by Dr Margaret Blackwood MBE, a campaigner for the rights and independence of disabled people. We deliver our vision of helping people live their life to the full in the pioneering spirit of Dr Blackwood by providing high quality housing, care and support for disabled people of all ages, with over 1500 homes across all 29 mainland local authorities.
Can you help our customers know what’s available in their neighbourhood? The impact of coronavirus has seen many of our customers – who have a range of disabilities and housing needs – being more isolated than normal. We would like to make sure they are able to access what’s available in their local area by providing customers with a guide to get to know their neighbourhood.
We are looking for online researchers to pull together information on your local area. We will provide you with a template with the types of things we are looking for but your ideas for further information about your area are always welcome too! This is a flexible role that can be done from home in your own time.
What will you get from volunteering?
• Satisfaction that you have made a difference to the lives of Blackwood’s customers.
• An opportunity to gain researching skills.
• An opportunity to develop writing skills.
• Get to know more about the area you live in.
• The necessary training to ensure you’re confident undertaking your role.
• Support throughout your volunteering. We will be available should you need assistance and we will have a regular catch up.
To register your interest in volunteering with us or for more information please complete the Volunteer Enquiry Form at https://www.blackwoodgroup.org.uk/volunteer or contact Zoe MacGregor, Volunteering Development Co-Ordinator at email: ZoeMacGregor@blackwoodgroup.org.uk