CHAS is a Scottish charity that provides hospice services for children and young people with life-shortening conditions. We also run a homecare service called CHAS at Home helping families in their own homes across Scotland when they need it most. There are so many ways to get involved and help CHAS! You can see our current opportunities in Aberdeen listed at https://www.chas.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities?region=aberdeen-city
Excellent support and training is provided to all volunteers and all help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated. Ways you can help in Aberdeen include:
1. High Profile Events Support: The High Profile Events Team at CHAS hold five events each year, which collectively raise around £450k for the charity. We are looking for someone who would be happy to research events and prizes and then make those approaches.
2. CHAS at Home Nursing Support Volunteer (North East and Moray): Nursing Support Volunteers support the CHAS at Home Nursing Team to provide care and support to babies, children young people and their families in their own homes.
3. Collections Volunteers: CHAS collections volunteers attend bucket shakes and supermarket bag packs in a range of businesses and town centres across Scotland.
4. Fundraising Group Leads: Fundraising groups are the face of CHAS in the community, raising money and the profile of the charity. Groups deliver fundraising events to raise vital funds to support children with a life-shortening condition across Scotland.
5. Fundraising Group Members: Fundraising groups are the local face of CHAS in the community. We are looking for volunteers to join our fundraising groups across Scotland. The groups plan and deliver events and activities in the local community to raise vital funds for CHAS.
6. Schools Ambassadors: CHAS Schools Ambassadors are inspiring young people that promote the charity within their school, to peers and teachers and to the wider community.
7. Research Volunteers: The main aim of this role is to gather information to provide teams across CHAS with insight, allowing us to help every child in Scotland to have access to palliative care where and when they need it.
8. Driver / Vehicle Maintenance (North East and Moray): Driving is a big part of keeping CHAS running smoothly. Be it helping CHAS at Home nurses get to a child’s home or delivering items for sale in the shops, our volunteers ensure our vehicles are safe and cover many thousands of miles every year.
*For further details and to register your interest/apply for any of the roles please visit https://www.chas.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities?region=aberdeen-city
**If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions about volunteering for CHAS please call us on 0141 779 6195 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email email@example.com